MBL Trading Limited, trading as MBL Food Services moved from its historical past as a Co-operative to an unlisted public company back in 2004. The business, backed by a solid financial history and prudent management has also moved from its location in Asquith Street Victoria Park to newer and larger premises in Bannister road Canning Vale. We have also moved forward from servicing its former co-operative members and shareholders to opening a 600sqm showroom to the public and trade alike.
Company history & timeline
1936-1948 - Wesdan Pty Ltd (Frank West and Vic Dann) started a butchery supply company.
1949-1994 - Master Butchers Co-operative Ltd was formed to further strengthen the business Wesdan Pty Ltd has started by raising capital to provide an even better service to its new member/shareholders.
1995-2004 - The business diversified into the Bakery Industry, necessitating a need to change the company name to MBL Food Services Co-operative Ltd.
2005- Current The Co-operative structure was abolished in favour of a Non-listed public company as the Directors saw the need to expand beyond its restrictive co-operative boundaries
MBL provides a vast array of services to both the trade and public. We achieve this through:
- Personalised service in our 600sqm air conditioned showroom by trained staff eager to help with your queries making your time spent with MBL enjoyable and informative
- MBL has always been known for its Butchery equipment and requisites. But we now stock a huge number of Bakery and Food Service related lines, giving our business good diversity and our customers a great selection of quality products. Customers can either come into the showroom to collect their goods, or MBL can deliver. Our fleet of late model chiller/freezer vans ensure all products reach their destination in the safest and most favourable condition.
- MBL has always prided itself on the quality of the products we sell and support. Machinery is no exception. Our partnership with German, Italian and Spanish companies ensure our standards in the market place are never compromised. Every item of machinery that we sell is backed up with on site support and warranty. We source stock from all over the country as well as the world, and our recent purchase of the Western Australian business of Brice Australia (WA) has given MBL unprecedented access to an even greater range of both domestic and commercial equipment. Our experienced staff listen to your needs and then match those needs with the most economic and efficient solution. We provide full training and installation by qualified electricians.
- Qualified and trained mechanical staff with the ability to service and repair all types of food processing machinery, specialising in butchery equipment. Service can be provided either on site here at MBL or via our brand new fleet of vans which come to you.
- Sharpening and Grinding services. We have a sharpening department on site which can sharpen many different kitchen utensils including choppers and specialised hand tools. Our saw doctors can professionally grind and hone all matter hand knives and cutting implements. Even the most damaged and scratched blades can look new again. Bandsaw manufacture is another area of this department which makes our business unique in many ways. Handling varying sizes from small hobby blades for woodworking to commercial size engineering blades suitable for cutting steel, there is no blade that MBL could not assist you with. Our focus is on the meat industry, therefore we regularly sharpen meat mincer knives and plates, together with large cutter blades for bowl cutting machines.
- Retail Solutions handle our scales, cash registers, POS systems, and ILID - electronic shelf labelling. Our team of experienced and suitably qualified staff offer service and repairs on all makes and models of cash registers and scales. Service can be provided both in-house and at your location. We also stock a full range of consumables such as ink rollers, and paper/thermal rolls which will fit all makes of machines. We can custom design a POS and back-of-house system to your requirements using the most advanced equipment on the market.
- Our Blending plant gives MBL the ability to custom blend for our customers. Together with an experienced product development person in-house, our turn-a-round times from creating a recipe to the finished product is very efficient allowing the customer to get his product to market more timely and reap the results. We have formed strong partnerships with ingredient technology companies that allow us to instantly access the newest innovations around the world as they come to hand. Their businesses stock the highest of qualified staff, experts in their field allowing MBL access to their talents as required.
- MBL has installed a 'test kitchen'. This enables us to trial product for customers in smaller batches prior to trialling on site at the customer' premises. We recognise that manufacturing businesses are generally too busy to stop production for trials, so our fully equipped test kitchen with a smoke oven, massager/mixer, bowl cutter etc, is used to fast track this trial process to again, benefit our customer is pushing his product into the market in a more timely fashion.